If you are like me and need to use good quality microphones into your computer, you need a USB Audio Interface device. In the past, I have used my Zoom H4N, but I wanted something with some better pre-amps, and I really wanted to keep the Zoom H4N in my camera bag for field recording.
After some research. I decided on the Behringer UM2. To begin with, the price was great at under $40 and the sound quality is excellent.
- 2×2 USB audio interface for recording microphones and instruments
- Audiophile 48 kHz resolution for professional audio quality.Maximum Sampling Rate: 48 kHz
- Compatible with popular recording software including Avid Pro Tools*, Ableton Live*, Steinberg Cubase*, etc.
- Streams 2 inputs / 2 outputs with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac OS X* and Windows XP* or higher
- State-of-the-art, +48 V-powered XENYX Mic Preamp comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
Amazon link – $39.97